City of Hobbs Swim Lessons are held at Humble Pool, 700 S Grimes St, Hobbs, NM 88240. Signups will open in May. Please call the Recreation Department, (575) 397-9291 for any questions.
The first day of lessons will be assessment day. We will assess the child to make sure they are in the appropriate swim lesson. If we happen to close on a day there are lessons make up day will be that Friday. This year swim lesson will run for 8 days. Monday through Thursday one week and Monday through Thursday the following week. At the end of every session we will hand out a certificate if the child levels up to the next class. If not, we will recommend that they stay in the class for the following session. * All evening class time subject to change if classes do not fill.
More info coming soon!
The CORE proudly offers a variety of uses for this aquatics leisure space. Not only does it have two 40 ft. tall water slides and interactive play features throughout for children, but it also has multiple interesting and usable features for adults. The large spa is available to those 13-years-old and over. Enjoy activities such as walking against the current in the lazy river, learn to swim programming, and so much more.
- Timing device in body slide to record fastest times and times to beat
- Two 40 ft. tall water slides, one body slide and one tube slide
- Lights and music inside the body slide
- Lights and music for nighttime entertainment throughout SPLASH wing
- 40 ft. wide area of "zero depth", beach access pool
- 150 ft lazy river; 35 laps = 1 mile
- Multiple play features including vortex, geysers, rain clouds, depth charges, and more
- Three private cabanas
Our start-of-the-art competition pool is perfect for swimming and diving programming, as well as other fun elements such as inner-tube water polo, dive-in movies, and inflatable obstacle courses.This pool is also the new home of the Hobbs Eagles Swimming and Diving team, which means they will practice and host home meets at the CORE, as well.
- 25-meter x 25-yard, 10 lane competition pool
- 4'4" depth to 13'6" depth
- Two 3-meter diving boards
- Two 1-meter diving boards
The therapy pool is a highly utilized, unique space for those looking for therapeutic warm water. This pool includes rehabilitation and therapeutic programming. Not only is there plenty of space to have classes in this pool, but there is also a section that has underwater seating for those needing a short break, or just to continue their exercise or therapy from a seated position. Must be 18 or older to utilize this pool area.
- 3'6" shallow end
- 5' deep end